Monday, December 13, 2010

No Pictures and Only a Few Words

I didn’t get any photo’s of our trip today as my usual camera operator was enjoying her opportunity to drive herself from Breaux Bridge over here to Denham Springs where we are now parked on Rollie and Gina’s driveway. Brenda enjoyed her time alone today although I am sure she would rather have driven with me, yah right, although with me she might have actually seen the 18 mile long bridge that crosses the Atchafayala Basin. A much better view from the high seat in the motorhome than down close to the road in the little pickup. We got here just before noon and Rollie ushered us into a great spot and made sure we had all the power and water that we needed to be comfortable. We spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on what we all have been up to since they left our place down the road from Dogpound way back in September.

Meg is loving it here, she is allowed to wander at will in Gina’s garden and as anyone who knows her knows she is enjoying the pool and waterfall, but I am not sure the feeling is mutual with the fish in that pond. Having Meg staring at them probably raises their pulse`s a little. They should know she only wants to play….lol. Angel and Zoey have been very good about sharing their toys with Meg and although Zoey has made a few overtures trying to get Meg to play with her, I think Meg thinks she is reclaiming her toys and is less dutiful about returning the hospitality. Nevertheless I am sure in a few days Meg will have taught Angel and Zoey to teach people to throw sticks and then it will be time to move on down the road.

We also had the pleasure of meeting Rollie and Gina`s daughters, Nicole and Ashley as well as Ashley`s husband Parker. Gina whipped up a great meal of Spaghetti and Meat Sauce along with salad and a bread stuffed in cheese and soaked in butter that insures the cholesterol medication I take will not go unappreciated tonight. And if that wasn't enough to absolutely blow my diet, hmmm that may have already happened, Ashley whipped up some chocolate chip cookies that I am sure were low calorie, fat free and diet friendly for dessert Winking smile.

I capped off the evening with a phone call to our granddaughter Annika, whose birthday is today, and a Skype call with my brother and his family back in Calgary.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Gina is doing her normal thing--feeding people! Give them and the dogs hugs for us and we will see you all soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete